Fish is popular ingredient for seafood and you can try Opah Fish recipes at home. At first, this recipe sounds unfamiliar because you may still think about Opah fish. People may recognize this fish as Moonfish due to big size and colorful body. This fish is large, but quite plain that looks like oval or circular shape. It started to gained popularity in late 1980s until now.
- Ripened tomatoes, 1lb
- Unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons
- Shallots, 2 minced
- Opah fillet, 1 lb. and cut
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Unsalted butter
- White wine, 3 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Prepare tomatoes and remove their core.
- Cut and put into water pot.
- Add minced shallot.
- After ten minutes, remove the seeds, after that put aside for moment.
- Prepare sauce pan and heat it.
- Add olive oil and Opah fillet, then season it with salt and pepper.
- Wait until it turns into light color the turn the heat off.
- Add garlic and stir it.
- Heat again then add tomato, wine, and the rest of ingredients, except parsley.
- Finally, spread parsley and now your Opah Fish recipes are ready.
This recipe uses olive oil to fry the fish, but there are many ways to prepare Opah fish. You can try baked Opah recipes to keep the fish from oil while keeping it at fresh condition. Tomatoes and shallot are additional ingredients where you can replace with others. If you have fresh fish, do and prepare opah marinade before cooking.
Seasoning relies of pepper, salt, and garlic. Other options are chili powder or other spices based on your personal preference. Opah fillet is available at market and easy to find. Therefore, you can create delicious Opah Fish recipes at home. RFA