When it comes to talk about mouthwatering recipe for entire family, popeyes red beans and rice recipe copycat is perfect for delightful dinner moment. The easy-to-make dish is popular in Southern of America and the fact that it offers nice taste, people around the world start to make the copycat.
Actually, this dish is suitable for vegetarians considering it does not contain meat. However, combining original red beans and rice with a little bit of meat is also good. You will get popeyes which is rich of flavor. Below is the popeyes red beans and rice recipe copycat with meat.
- 3 cans of red beans
- 250 gr of cooked long rice
- 1 ham hock, smoked
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp flakes of red pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp lard
- Prepare a medium saucepan. Pour 2 cans of red beans, ham hock and water into the saucepan. On medium heat, simmer the pan for about an hour.
- Remove the saucepan and let it cool. Make sure the meat can be easily removed from the bone.
- Prepare a food processor and place the beans, meat and liquid from the saucepan into the processor. Add garlic, salt, onion powder, red pepper, and lard. Blend for about 4 seconds.
- After you see the desired consistency, pour 1 can of red beans into the processor. Continue processing for one or two second. Make sure the rest of bean stays in whole.
- On low heat, pour the bean sauce into a pan. Stir often to spread the heat.
- Popeyes red beans recipe is ready to serve with rice.
If you do not like to put any meat, feel free to omit this part. Overall, popeyes red bean recipe is quite easy to make. Once you have all the ingredients in kitchen, you are ready to make your own popeyes red beans and rice recipe copycat. RFA